February 5th, 2020
5th of February 2020, TransFollow API has been updated and the new version of the TransFollow App for Android was made available in the Google Play Store.
A new way of distributing consignment notes among drivers has been introduced. A submitter can indicate an ‘Access Code’ for his consignment note (any reference such as mission number, order number). The submitter needs to communicate this number to a driver using any tool (email, SMS or other). A driver will be able to view and sign this consignment note using ‘Access Code’ as a login data. Thus, a dedicated account for a driver is not needed.
Acces code: usage steps
- Submitter indicates an ‘Access Code’ inside a consignment note and issues this consignment note.
- Submitter informs a driver / carrier regarding which ‘Access Code’ is to be used.
- The driver opens a TransFollow App on his mobile.
- On the login page, the driver selects “Login with Access Code” and fills in the code provided to him.
- The driver gets access to a consignment note (-s), which corresponds with the selected Access Code (this can be one or several, depending on a choice of the submitter).
- Modification of Agreed Date of Delivery (time) via API.
A submitter can change the ‘Agreed Date of Delivery’ (time) of a consignment note after it has been issued. Such modifications are allowed if goods have not been delivered yet.
- Loading Meters
A loading meter is the standard unit of measurement for transport by truck and is used as a calculation unit for the goods that have to be transported but cannot be stacked.
A submitter can indicate loading meters for each goods item of a consignment note. This information is visible in TransFollow App, PDF version of the consignment note and in TransFollow Portal.
- Allow to view your shipments
Using a new setting in ‘shipping control’, any company is able to allow another company to view its consignments notes via the TransFollow Portal or TransFollow App (“read only” mode). A user can indicate a TransFollow account of a company, which shall be allowed to view all relevant documents.
- Search for goods left at intermediate location
Advanced filter of the TransFollow Portal has been improved. A user can search for consignment notes selecting the status “at intermediate location only”
- Text in PDF
The text describing a signature type in the PDF has been improved.
- General observation for a consignment note
While signing several consignment notes at the same time (multi-signing functionality) via the TransFollow App, a driver can add a general observation to all consignment notes using a general “Add Observation” button, located at the top of the screen. Individual observations can still be added to any consignment note using appropriate buttons inside the details section of a consignment note.